How the dates work:
Dates at Chesterton are generally shown at our Facebook page. Dates at Velotech Training Workshops (VTWs) are publicised by the VTWs, independantly.
Velotech courses are designed to be completely modular and each module is portable - so training can be commenced at one VTW and continued at another, at a later date, with no loss of training content.
If we take a "Platinum" course, currently offered at Glenmore Lodge, Cycle Training Wales, Outspoken or of course at Velotech's Central Training Workshop in Chesterton as an example, a Platinum week looks like this:
- Material for a Bronze certification is covered in the first two days a Platinum Course week.
- Additional material and the assessment to Silver level, on day three.
- Material additional to Bronze and Silver, for Gold assessment, is covered on day four.
- Additional information and assessment for a Platinum accreditation is covered in day five and in the Foundation Wheelbuilding module (usually run on the Monday and Tuesday of the second week of the course.
- Foundation Wheelbuilding can also be followed as a standalone course, although we prefer candidates to have a minimum Bronze-level Velotech or similar accreditation before attending.
- Candidates requiring Platinum Plus, the full seven days of the Platinum course, plus the required additional modules.
Your Velotech Training Pathway
We generally recommend that candidates take their training in two- or three-day "bites" with a period of consolidation between. Going from little detailed knowledge of cycle mechanics to a Gold certification, for instance, is not easy - there is a lot of knowledge to acquire and fully digest each day, before moving to the next step along the way. Hence, we suggest that potential candidates your proceed like this:
- Contact Velotech Cycling Ltd or one of our partners to disuss your starting level.
- Enrol on a course at the requisite level.
- If you have, say, already acheived a Bronze award, and you wish to progress to Silver, you will need to attend the third day of a Gold or a Platinum course, or the final day of a Silver course.
- If you have already acheived a Bronze award and you wish to be trained and assessed at Gold, you will need to attend the third and fourth days of a Platinum course, or the final two days of a Gold course.
- If you have already furthered your knowledge and skills to the Silver level and you want to take the next step, to Gold, you will need to attend the fourth day of a Platinum course, or the final day of a Gold course.
- A progression that follows the pattern above can be used to take you all the way through to Platinum.
Award of certification at any level is NOT GUARANTEED ONLY BY ATTENDANCE ... satisfactory completions of assessments are required before certification.
If the assessment is not satisfactory, it can be re-taken, or the training can be re-done at an extra fee, and the assessment re-taken.
Re-assessment, if it is run in parallel with an existing course, is generally free of charge.
Chesterton Training Centre:
In general the minimum number of candidates that we can run any given course with is three, but candidates who want us to run a course irrespective of the minimum number of candidates being available have the option of paying £400.00 + VAT per day.
If we have 3+ candidates for each day, the course fee is £170 + VAT per day, generally payable in advance.
All courses and assessments can be delivered in-house by arrangement - the daily fee for the instructor / assessor is £400.00 + VAT. Expenses and mileage are charged.
Velotech Training Workshops:
We have availability of training at a number of other workshops based around the UK - please contact us for details, or see the links on the Home page.